Due to the global outbreak of the COVID-19 coronavirus and the challenges it creates for all of us, we wanted to update you with the actions we have taken to help prevent the spread of this virus and to protect our customers and employees.
Supporting Our Employees
We’ve been working to keep our employees as safe as possible and have taken the following action to ensure that we are doing all we can to prevent the spread of infection:
- All face to face meetings with customers and suppliers have been cancelled.
- We have provided hand sanitising stations throughout the premises and issued instructions for regular use throughout the day.
- Daily cleaning routines of our premises have been increased to keep the facilities sanitised.
- All staff and essential visitors to site are required to complete a screening questionnaire prior to being granted access to the premises.
Supply Network for Our Customers
Bluesky continues to operate with a safe and responsive supply network. We have taken protective and proactive measures to navigate through this Coronavirus pandemic.
Whilst we have seen volatility and unprecedented demand, we have been working with our production facilities and partners to ensure that our clients get the same quality and premium service that Bluesky is known for. We have taken the following action:
- Increased production of stock lines.
- Increased production of a) Coronavirus related packaging products, and b) Hand sanitiser products, to support the healthcare industry in combating the spread of the disease.
- Whilst lead times have increased, we have hedged production space for stock lines and raw materials to ensure continuity of supply due to increased lead times.
- Increased our storage and logistical capacity to meet demand and ensure that we continue delivering to our clients.
- Ensured that all our products and supply network continue to meet the criteria of ISO9001 and GMP. Our focus and commitment to quality hasn’t changed one iota.
Bluesky will continue to operate a manufacturing resource that is largely based within the Western hemisphere. We remain committed to adding value and maintaining the true meaning of value, ensuring our clients continue to receive excellent product and service from a safe and continuous supply network.
Finally, we can assure you that we are closely monitoring the situation to ensure that we take all necessary steps to protect the health, safety and prosperity of our customers and team members. May we also take this opportunity to thank you for your ongoing support and understanding during these unprecedented times.